Help people to regain their independence and live in their own homes
While this role involves providing similar care to Care Assistants, the focus here is on supporting people after an illness or hospital stay. Your temporary care and support will help people to regain their independence and make the transition to living at home on their own once again.
Providing high quality temporary care
As a Reablement Worker, you’ll travel to people’s home in your region to provide high quality care tailored to the needs of the individual. Your rewarding role will involve:
- Supporting people and helping them relearn skills and regain their independence
- Motivating customers to achieve the goals they have set
- Assisting with personal care, including washing, dressing and toileting
- Help people regain their independence in their own home
What do we look for in our Reablement Workers?
Naturally some relevant experience would help, but all of our new Reablement Workers receive high quality training, so you’ll be fully prepared to meet different needs and deliver the highest quality care. The skills and qualities we look for include:
- A sensitive and tactful approach
- A natural desire to help improve people’s lives
- Patience, empathy and a good sense of humour
- Reliability, dedication and a flexible approach to work
- The ability to remain calm and focused even under pressure
- Respect for others, a friendly personality and a real passion for helping people.
The pay rates for our Reablement Support Workers range from £7.20, right up to £9.19 per hour. We also offer great benefits.
Your shifts and working hours will depend on your availability and the requirements of your branch team. As we need to provide care beyond the 9 to 5, your working hours may involve some evenings, weekends and split shift work.
As a Reablement Worker you’ll be expected to make your own way between the homes of our customers. So, you’ll benefit from a full driving licence and access to a car.