Make a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable people in your local community
If you enjoy helping people, you could enjoy a rewarding career that involves travelling to people’s homes in your local area to provide high quality care. No two days will be the same as you follow an agreed schedule, delivering personal care plans and supporting independent living. Your rewarding role will involve:
- Getting to know the people you care for, so you can understand more about their interests and meet their individual needs
- Helping with everyday household tasks such as shopping, housework and laundry
- Assisting with daily personal care, including washing, dressing and toileting
- Working with your local branch team to shape individual care and development plans
- Helping people to manage their household budget, pay bills and write letters
- Organising and helping people with leisure activities.
What do we look for in our Care Assistants?
While you’ll benefit from some care experience – it’s not essential. We provide all of our new Care Assistants with high quality training, so you can meet different needs and deliver the highest quality care. We’re more interested in your personality and these skills and qualities:
- A caring, sensitive and tactful approach
- The desire to help vulnerable people
- Patience, empathy and a good sense of humour
- Respect for others, a friendly personality and the ability to relate with and build strong relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Reliability and a flexible approach to your work
- Good communication skills and the ability to keep calm and focused even under pressure.
Our competitive rates of pay vary locally, ranging from £7.20 to £9.97 per hour. We also offer great benefits. Learn more.
Your shifts and working hours will depend on your availability and the requirements of your branch team. As we need to provide care beyond the 9 to 5, your working hours may involve some evenings, weekends and split-shift work.
As a Care Assistant you’ll be expected to make your own way between the homes of our customers. So, you’ll benefit from a full driving licence and access to a car.