Quick guide to our Care careers
Life as a Carer at Allied Healthcare offers plenty of variety. Every day is different. Here, you’ll enjoy providing wide-ranging care and supporting vulnerable people, so they can remain in their own homes or learn to live independently again.
What the role involves
Whether you join us as a Care Assistant or Reablement Worker, you’ll visit people in your local area to help them with everyday living. Every person we support has a care plan that’s as individual as they are. But a typical day will involve:
- Helping people get in and out of bed
- Assisting with personal care, such as washing, dressing and toileting
- Preparing food, drink and meals
- Helping out with daily living, including laundry, shopping and cleaning
- Organising and helping people with leisure activities such as short walks
- Providing companionship and someone to talk to.
Salary and Benefits
The pay for our care roles is set by the local branch, but we pay the national living wage of £7.20 to our Carers as a minimum, regardless of age. The hourly rate for some of our roles is as high as £9.97 per hour.
We also offer our Carers a generous benefits package, which includes monthly prize giveaways, an affordable car leasing scheme and access to nearly 200 discounts and offers through Perkbox. We’ve even had a prize draw for a brand new car, won by one of our brilliant Carers in Ebbw Vale. Click here to learn more.