Quick guide to our Care careers
Life as a Carer at Allied Healthcare offers plenty of variety. Every day is different. Here, you’ll enjoy providing wide-ranging care and supporting vulnerable people, so they can remain in their own homes or learn to live independently again.
What the role involves
Whether you join us as a Care Assistant or Reablement Worker, you’ll visit people in your local area to help them with everyday living. Every person we support has a care plan that’s as individual as they are. But a typical day will involve:
- Helping people get in and out of bed
- Assisting with personal care, such as washing, dressing and toileting
- Preparing food, drink and meals
- Helping out with daily living, including laundry, shopping and cleaning
- Organising and helping people with leisure activities such as short walks
- Providing companionship and someone to talk to.
Salary and Benefits
The pay for our care roles is set by the local branch, but we pay the national living wage to our Carers as a minimum, regardless of age. The hourly rate for some of our roles is as high as £9.97 per hour.
We also offer our Carers a generous benefits package, which includes monthly prize giveaways and access to thousands of discounts and offers through Allied Advantage Plus. We’ve even had a prize draw for a brand new car, won by one of our brilliant Carers in Ebbw Vale. Click here to learn more.